Stop Acting Your Age!
An Entertaining Keynote to Help You Avoid Generational Warfare
If you’ve listened to any other discussion about generational issues at work, then you’ve undoubtedly been told there are four distinct generations operating side-by-side in today’s working world. You’ve then been told the differences between those four generations, and then you’ve been told (although probably not in these exact words) that you need to just deal with all these different people, because they’re not going away and they’re not going to change how they operate. If that advice suits you, fantastic.
However, if you’ve ever been frustrated by how impossible it seems to employ four different strategies to manage four distinct generations, and if you’ve ever felt like you’re the only one who’s being asked to make any changes, then Stop Acting Your Age! is exactly what you need. Because it turns out that there really aren’t four generations. In this hysterical keynote, you’ll learn a simpler way of looking at your own generational picture, and you’ll also learn how to understand, recognize, and resolve every generational issue facing today’s workforce. That’s no exaggeration; by the end of Stop Acting Your Age!, you and your colleagues will walk away with all of the knowledge you’ll need to address 100% of the generational issues you’ll face for the rest of your career. Other generational presentations focus on what people want, but Stop Acting Your Age! will tell you why everyone wants the different things they do. It’s an important distinction, and it will make implementing new solutions easier than you ever thought possible.
So get ready to laugh more and learn more than you ever thought possible. Because improving your generational issues doesn’t have to be boring.
Partial List of Takeaways:
- Learn to replace the complicated four-generation model with a workable dichotomy between older, more experienced workers and their younger, less-experienced counterparts
- Understand the key cultural, technological, and social changes that have conspired to create a disconnect between team members from these two generations
- Walk away with several immediately applicable strategies to address and eliminate problems caused by the disconnect mentioned above
- Inspire a healthier, more robust work ethic in your younger employees (and your older ones, too)
- Inspire a healthier, more robust attitude toward change in your older employees (and your younger ones, too)
“Watching our conference attendees captivated and responding with loud bursts of laughter to Matt’s presentation on generational differences, I knew we had a successful launch to our 3 day conference. Thank you, Matt, for starting our conference with a great keynote!”
Diana, Executive Vice President, SILA