Beyond the Metrics
For Contact Center Leaders
Building a healthy and resilient culture is essential for every business, but none more so than contact centers, where a single unmotivated employee can affect the performance of your entire department. Most contact centers have a culture best described as “Metrics for Everything.” Service level, response time, after call work, ASA, talk time – there are probably some contact centers that measure humidity and atmospheric pressure because hey, why not? And there’s a lot to learn from all those metrics. But some things just can’t be measured as easily as service level and adherence.
That’s where Beyond the Metrics comes in. Designed for both emerging and established contact center leaders, this workshop takes a deep dive into the elements of contact center management that can’t easily be assigned a number. For example, learning how to communicate with senior leadership in other departments is undoubtedly important, especially when those people have never worked in a contact center themselves, and yet there’s no metric that can help you there. And is there a simpler way to gauge agent performance and engagement than analyzing seven different metrics every hour? This workshop will answer that question as well. (Hint: the answer is yes.) Beyond the Metrics will provide you with the rest of the picture and ensure that you walk away with a comprehensive blueprint for enduring success.
But if that were it, then this workshop would be just like the rest – a talking head from outside your organization telling you what to do and how to be your best. Frankly, that won’t move the needle long term. That’s why Beyond the Metrics is formulated to walk each participant through carefully curated exercises to help them develop their own personal Leadership Impact Guide, an individualized playbook crafted by the participants themselves so they can get what THEY NEED to become the best leaders they can be.
Contact center training is often as dull as being stuck on hold for an hour, but it doesn’t have to be. Beyond the Metrics is as entertaining as it is informative and promises to deliver an experience which will help every participant put their own unique perspectives into action.
Learning Objectives for Beyond the Metrics
- Understanding the value – and limitations – of a metrics-driven approach to contact center management
- How to tailor individual leadership styles to meet each agent where they are.
- Identifying the 4 motivators of human behavior and the impact they can have on agent performance and contact center success.
- Various strategies for mitigating the problems associated with improper staffing levels
- Developing effective communication techniques with senior leadership – especially those with no direct experience working in a contact center
- Building a culture that fosters community, limits burnout and turnover, and drives outsized success